Classic single-player FPS project template for Unreal Engine 4 in the style of the original Doom, Unreal, Quake, and so on. Make game creation fun again!
The Classic Single Player FPS Game Framework can be purchased here!
Remember Doom and Duke Nukem 3D? After playing the game, you could use their level editors and make more games. Since that time, game engines have become more sophisticated and harder to use! Can we have the best of both worlds? In other words, can we have a modern, high-quality game engine but with the framework already in place to make Classic Single-Player FPS games? Now you can!
What You Can Do
Build your own classic single-player Doom, Quake, Duke Nukem 3D, Unreal, etc. with a modern game engine! Also, rapidly prototype your classic first-person shooter. This framework contains over a man-year of work that you don’t have to do. Get an original Quake or Doom-like game up and running, fast!
This is perfect for a game jam. Also, it is written completely with documented Blueprints so you can extend and modify it. But even with no or little Blueprint writing, it gives you what you need to walk in the footsteps of Duke Nukem 3D or the original Unreal, except for game-specific artwork. You can also study the Blueprints to learn gameplay programming techniques!
Tutorials with sample solutions provided to get you started. Also, A 90+ page manual gives an extensive reference. Hours of videos of building an Epic Game Jam game with (a beta version of) this framework are here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkJA9TCld1w0Mul9IUBDFBU_-dd2QpT8X.
Framework was improved according to things noted while using it for game jams.
FPS Framework Features
- 1500+ assets!
- 100% Blueprint
- Pickups and spawners for health, armor, ammo, keys, invisibility, NVG, power boost, jetpack
- 5 character AI enemies and a drone enemy, turret enemy
- Driveable and path-following vehicles
- Advanced Finite State Machine provides lockable doors, triggerable explosion and effects, switchable lights, lifts, switches, boolean logic gates, monitor/camera combo.
- Secret areas, in-game hints, earthquake, stair/fence builder, conveyor belt/flowing water
- Barrels and crates, jump pads, teleporters, clock, and other props
- Menu system: title menu, pause menu, save game, restore game, config controls, config player, audio/video config, and episodes menu
- Game HUD with text messages and minimap
- Cutscene/movie and credits crawler levels
- Sample music (13), demo levels (10 playable), 100+ materials, 50+ sounds, 100+ meshes, 200+ Blueprints, 500+ textures, 40+ particle systems
- 90+ page manual and videos of making games with beta version of the framework
- Number of Blueprints: 257
- Input: keyboard/mouse or Gamepad
- Network Replicated: No
- Supported Development Platforms: Windows 64 bit
- Supported Target Build Platforms: Windows 64 bit
- Documentation: https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ar9oADZiQciZmBddi_lFPeYRC2_F